Jane Davenport Artomology | Journal Cover Page with Cindy Guentert-Baldo
Hi everyone! My name is Cindy Guentert-Baldo, otherwise known as @llamaletters all over the internet. I do planner, bullet journal and lettering videos, so when I was asked to play with Jane Davenport supplies for the Spellbinders blog, I just knew I wanted to create some bujo appropriate spreads. I will be using the new Jane Davenport Artomology collection to demonstrate some simple, approachable ideas for you to incorporate into your planning and journaling. Today we are starting with a cover page for the month!
Each month I do a cover page in my bullet journal – this serves two purposes. The first is to mark the start of the month, while the second is to introduce whatever theme I’ll be using for the next few weeks. The Artomology collection is heavily inspired by mermaids and water, so I thought a simple aquatic cover page would be appropriate. This is my first time using a die cutting machine, I’m excited and also a little nervous.
- Step 1: Using circular motions, I blended out a background using the Squid Ink Hybrid Inkpads in blue, green, pink and purple.
- Step 2: Using the Jane Davenport/Spellbinders Die Cut machine, I cut a few images on textured sticker paper.
- Step 3: I used the Smooth Markers to color the die cuts. Using a little cotton pad, I added some of the shimmering Gold Squid Ink to add a little sparkle.
- Step 4: After placing the diecuts on the page, I used the white Squid Ink and the wooden stamps to add faint wave marks to add a little depth.
- Step 5: To finish, I lettered the month using a brush pen and then added highlights with a white gel pen to the lettering and the diecuts.
- JD-005 Squid Ink Sea Anemone
- JD-006 Squid Ink Blue Marlin
- JD-032 Squid Ink Mermaid Eyes
- JD-033 Squid Ink Sunburnt
- JD-038 Squid Ink Beluga White
- JD-039 Squid Ink Gold Bullion
- JDD-031 Mertail
- JD-031 Deep Sea Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- JD-024 Smooth Markers Feathered Friends
- JD-025 Smooth Markers Mermesmerizing
- JD-007 Tin of Mermaids
Dot Grid Notebook / Tim Holtz Round Blending Tool / Textured White Cardstock Sticker Paper / Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen / Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
Thank you so much for checking this out. I hope this inspired you to try something new! I had a lot of fun trying the diecutting machine out, and plan on using it in my next two posts here on Spellbinders. See you soon!