Sparkling Christmas Collection – Cardmaking Inspiration with Karin Åkesdotter
Hello! My name is Karin Åkesdotter I am thrilled to be here today to share three Christmas projects I’ve made with the absolutely wonderful Sparkling Christmas collection from Spellbinders.
These dies are absolutely amazing – In just a few easy steps you will be able to create some beautiful cards. Sometimes I like spending hours on my designs, other times I want my card to look really worked at without having to put too much effort into making them. The cards I’m sharing today are cards just like that.
My first card is very simple to make:
- Create a card base from kraft cardstock;
- Die cut a panel from kraft cardstock;
- Ink the panel using distress ink: Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain;
- Die Cut S4-1062 Festive Noel from Heavy watercolor paper and color the different twigs and branches – use a glitter pen for the snowflakes; make sure to leave out space for the NOEL letters.
- Die Cut the noel letters from gold cardstock and adhere to the center.
- Adhere the beautiful center piece to your card with foam adhesive to give the card some extra dimension.
Holiday Greetings Kaleidoscope Christmas Tree Card
The second card is made almost the same way as the first – the difference being the tree in the center and the sentiment. The tree is created by layering the die-cuts from a fabulous set called S4-1064 Kaleidoscope Christmas Tree consisting of three different versions of the same tree – it is not till you layer them up that you discover how amazingly beautiful they become.
The sentiment is from the super useful S4-1065 Christmas Mix and Match.
I couldn’t help myself but create another take on the same tree – the colors, the numbers of dies you use, the possibilities with these dies are simply endless.
For my last card I used only one of the dies – the top layer die to make yet another version of this tree. Here I simply inked a piece of vellum that I let dry before I adhered my white die cut tree to it and trimmed away the excess. I added the star and used the dots from S4-1062 Festive Noel to create some shiny ornaments.
The background panel is embossed using this lovely Classic Christmas Cut and Emboss Folder.
Hope you are inspired to make something beautiful with this collection. Have a wonderful day, lots of love, Karin.