It’s Jean Manis from Right as Rain sharing cards created with the Seasonal Label Motifs Collection by Becca Feeken at Spellbinders. Use this collection, consisting of five die sets and a sentiment stamp set, to craft elegant and timeless projects for a variety of occasions and holidays year-round. With the upcoming seasons in mind (for those in the Northern Hemisphere), I created fall-themed and two winter-themed cards. The collection can be used to adorn gift tags, scrapbook pages, and handmade calendars.
Fall Label Motifs
Showcase autumn’s beauty with a colorful, die-cut cluster set against an ornate background.
- Create Background: Cut A2-size patterned paper panel with the largest label in the Fall Label Motifs Back with gray-green cardstock and add to A2-size card base. Cut ivory cardstock with a smaller label outline and insert dies. With only the outline die, cut light-blue cardstock. Adhere the ivory detailed piece to the light-blue piece; add the assembly to the card center.
- Create Focal Point: With set, die-cut Terra Cotta, Pomegranate, Beeswax, and colored cardstock for the pumpkin, oak leaf, maple leaf, acorn, wheat, beech leaf, and berry sprig. Assemble pieces as needed and add to the scene, popping up items with foam adhesive to create dimension.
Designer Tip: Cut focal point items from multiple shades and hues, choosing those that best coordinate.
- Create sentiment: Stamp sentiment from Seasonal Motif Sentiments set in gray-green ink on ivory cardstock; cut with a banner die and adhere to card.
- Embellish: Add Green
Winter Label Motifs
Bring on the snow with an all-white winter scene, varying the materials used for the die-cut pieces for visual interest.
- Create Background: Add patterned paper (from a previous Spellbinders collection) to an A2-size card base. Die-cut largest label from Vellum. Die-cut smaller label from flocked cardstock and add to vellum. Attach to the card base.
- Create Focal Point: With the Winter Label Motifs set, die-cut house, fence, and trees from Snowdrift and glitter cardstock; assemble. Adhere assembly to label stack.
- Add the Sentiment: Stamp sentiment from Seasonal Motif Sentiments set in gray ink on Snowdrift Cut with a circle die and add to card with foam adhesive.
- Embellish: With the Winter Label Motifs set, cut snowflakes from glitter cardstock; add to the scene. Add Opal
Designer Tip: Although this scene is created for the winter, many of the set’s items can be used for a scene in a different season simply by varying the colors.
Holiday Label Motifs
- Create Background: With the largest die in the Holiday Label Motifs set, cut label from A2-size patterned paper. With the smaller die, cut the label from gold-brown cardstock. Add the gold-brown cardstock to the back of the patterned paper. Use light rays die to cut Beeswax Adhere the knocked-out light rays to Snowdrift cardstock using the other piece for placement. Add to back of the frame and add the assembly to A2-size card base.
- Create Focal Point: With the Holiday Label Motifs set, a die-cut candle from Snowdrift, and Beeswax cardstock; assemble. Cut lantern from Onyx or shiny black cardstock. Back with light-blue cardstock. Slip candle inside and glue. Add to the center of the card with foam adhesive.
- Add the Sentiment: Stamp sentiment from Seasonal Motif Sentiments set in black on Snowdrift cardstock; cut with a circle die. Add to card with foam adhesive.
- Embellish: Cut poinsettia from Mirror Red and Beeswax cardstock; assemble and add to card with foam adhesive. Cut holly from Mirror Red and Fern cardstock and add to sentiment circle. Cut additional foliage from Rainforest and Fern Cut snowflakes with the Winter Label Motifs set from Snowdrift cardstock and add to card. Add Red gems.
Patterned paper, colored cardstock, shiny black cardstock, black ink, foam adhesive, glitter cardstock, gray ink, gray-green ink.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to create with the Seasonal Label Motifs Collection at Spellbinders no matter the season!