With the 4th of July about two weeks away, I thought I might inspire you to start a little early by sharing my three piece ensemble. Grabbing my Contour™ Steel Rule Dies, I created a banner, matchbox party favor and utensil holder to make my set.
I’ll break down instructions for each piece so that you can recreate them too! Let’s get started…
- Cut both sizes of the fish tail banner with patterned papers using Three’s A Crowd Contour™ Steel Rule Die and Platinum™ Machine. Layer the die cuts and adhere with E-Z Runner® Grand. Repeat this step two more times for a total of three layered banners.
- Apply Adhesive Sheets behind the foil cardstock. Nest Stars Five Etched Dies, Dies #3 and #4 (the smallest size die is #1), secure with repositionable tape to avoid shifting when die-cutting and die-cut through the Platinum™ Machine. You will get an open star and a solid star. Remove the liner and center (your choice) a star on each banner.
- Apply 3D Foam Creative Sheets to patterned papers and cut the letters U S and A from Type-Oh! Contour™ Steel Rule Die. Remove liner and place on top of the star on the layered banner die cuts.
- Cut a hole on each upper side of banner and thread twine through each banner. It’s ready to display.
4th of July Utensil Holder
- With the Tiered MultiLoop Bows Etched Dies, nest the Bow Loop Small and Bow Loop Small Insert Dies together and secure with repositionable tape. Place the nested dies on top of the silver foil cardstock and cut with the Platinum™ Machine. Repeat one more time to get a total of two die cuts.
- Gently bend/roll the die cuts to create a loop (lightly misting with water might help soften the paper fibers). Bring the ends of the die cut together to make one hole and thread the brad through. Do that with the second die cut. Open the brad to secure. Turn the bow around and adjust.
Match Box Favor
- Cut both pieces with cardstock (the bottom) and patterned paper (top) with Perfect Match Contour™ Steel Rule Die. Assemble using Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/4″.
- Use one of the leftover solid stars from the Banner Step 2, remover liner and center on top of box.
- With the Tiered MultiLoop Bows Etched Dies, nest the Bow Loop Medium and Bow Loop Medium Insert Dies together and secure with repositionable tape. Place the nested dies on top of the silver foil cardstock and cut with the Platinum™ Machine.. Repeat four more times to get a total of five die cuts.
- Gently bend/roll the die cuts to create a loop (lightly misting water might help soften the paper fibers). Bring the ends of each die cut together to make one hole, thread the brad and open the brad to secure. Turn the bow around and adjust.
- Flip the assembled bow on its back and place a Dodz Adhesive Dots 3D on top of the brad. Then adhere the bow on the box front center (on top of the star).
Spellbinders Paper Arts:
S4-092 Stars Five Etched Dies
S6-048 Tiered Multi Loop Bows Etched Dies by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace
SR-011 Type-Oh! Contour™ Steel Rule Die
SR-013 Three’s A Crowd Contour™ Steel Rule Die
SR-015 Perfect Match Contour™ Steel Rule Die
PL-001 Platinum™ Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Patterned Papers: DoodleBug Designs; Cardstock: WorldWin Papers and Core’dinations; Foil Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View; Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® (E-Z Runner Grand, Adhesive Sheets, 3D Foam Creative Sheets and Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/4″); Brads; Twine; Plastic Utensils; Kraft Bag
So what do you have planned for the 4th? Share by commenting below. I would love to read and see your plans and projects.
Thanks for stopping by!