Hello crafty friends! I’m Jean, a papercrafter living in the Pacific Northwest blogging at Right as Rain. I am delighted to share three winter holiday cards showcasing the Christmas Foiled Basics Collection by Yana Smakula at Spellbinders.
With this collection, you’ll create gorgeous, on-trend foiled cards. Grab some cocoa, put on some holiday music, and let’s take a look!
You may recall that I am relatively new to foiling with the Glimmer Hot Foil System. This time around, I tried many different color combinations of foil and cardstock. With more experience under my belt, I was willing to foil several times on the same cardstock with different foil colors. At the same time, I took advantage of the collection’s companion dies making it possible to add foiled sentiments and elements without stress.
Season’s Greetings Card
On my first card, I created a full background with the Christmas Foliage Background plate using a tone-on-tone teal combination. By creating the sentiment and foliage layers separately, my construction method is relatively “fail safe.”
Here are the steps:
- With the Christmas Foliage Background plate, foil in Moondust on light teal cardstock.
- Rotate plate and foil again in Moonstone to create a complete background. Trim to a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ panel. Add to A2-size Whip Cream card base.
- With the Christmas Foliage Circle Border circle image, foil in Moondust foil on Whip Cream cardstock.
- With Yana’s Christmas Sentiments, foil sentiment in center of circle with Gold foil.
- Cut sentiment with circle die.
- With the foliage image in the Christmas Foliage Circle Border set, foil in Moonstone three times on Whip Cream cardstock. Cut each with corresponding die.
- Assemble foliage circles so that there is a full circle of foliage. Add sentiment circle to top. Add assembly to panel.
Taylored Expressions teal cardstock; dot-roller adhesive
Merry & Bright Card
On my second card, I foiled on to the same piece of cardstock several times and with different colors of foil to create an “almost” one-layer card.
Here are the steps:
- With one of the Glimmer Winter Village plates, foil the row of houses in Gold on Candy Apple cardstock.
- With the snow foil plate in the Glimmer Winter Village set, foil in Silver above the houses. To create more snow, rotate snow plate, shift, and foil again on the left-hand side. Shift to the right and foil again on the right-hand side.
- Cut panel with Essential Rectangles die using the Winter Village horizon line as the alignment guide.
- With Yana’s Christmas Sentiments, foil sentiment in Green on Whip Cream Cardstock and cut with coordinating die. Add to scene.
- For card background, dry-emboss Whip Cream cardstock with the Evergreen Embossing Folder.
- Attach rectangle to card base.
Merry Christmas Card
Here are the steps:
- Foil Christmas Foliage Background as follows: twice with Gold foil on brush gold cardstock, twice with Red foil on Candy Apple cardstock, twice with Green foil on green cardstock, twice with Silver foil on brush silver cardstock.
- Cut the foiled cardstock with a die measuring ¾” wide.
- Trim the pieces into random sections and adhere to a 3 ¾” x 5″ panel. Adhere panel to a Brush Gold base.
- With the Christmas Foliage Circle Border circle image, foil in Green foil on Whip Cream cardstock.
- With Yana’s Christmas Sentiments, foil sentiment in center of circle with Gold foil. Cut sentiment with circle die.
- For additional embellishment, with the poinsettia plates in the Christmas Organic Foliage set, foil in Red on Whip Cream cardstock. Cut with corresponding dies. Add to sentiment circle; add circle to card.
MFT green cardstock; dot-roller adhesive
I am delighted you stopped by the Spellbinders blog today. I hope you are inspired to grab cardstock and foil to create elegant and distinctive winter holiday cards with the Christmas Foiled Basics Collection!