Hello everyone! I’m Meg Brooks from Anchored By Ink and I am so excited to be a guest designer again for the Spellbinders blog! Today, I am featuring 3 cards using the gorgeous Merry & Bright Collection. This collection includes small florals, a striped embossing folder, a large all-occasion bow, and a festive holiday tree.
I chose to keep my cards bright and more for all occasions but you could simply switch the color palette to accommodate the holidays.
- Die-cut leaf images from the Petite Blooms and Sentiments from white cardstock.
- Adhere all of the die cuts to a top folding A2 white card base using liquid glue. Be sure to fill in the background. This will create a lot of interest and look beautiful.
- Cut a strip of black cardstock that is 1 inch wide and 4 ¼ inches long. Adhere the strip to the middle/upper half of the card base.
- Using a circle die, die cut the circle and “FOR YOU” sentiment from white cardstock. Apply foam tape to the back and adhere offset and to the right over the black strip.
- Die cut the flowers and foliage from Dahlia, Sunkissed, Peridot, Teal Topaz, Waterfall, and Lilac Blossom.
- Arrange the blooms in clusters above and below the sentiment. Secure using liquid glue.
- Cut a panel of white cardstock to 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches. Insert the panel in portrait orientation into the Peppermint Stripes embossing folder. Run through your Spellbinders Platinum 6 machine.
- Using a brayer, apply Lunar Paste in “Sike” to the raised areas. Set aside to dry.
- Once the panel is dry, insert the panel into the embossing folder in landscape orientation. This will flatten some of the previous areas but it will create a plaid pattern.
- Apply the Lunar Paste onto the new stripes. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut the Merry & Bright Tree outline from white cardstock two times and adhere for dimension.
- Die cut the star and letters from Dahlia, Persimmon, Sunkissed, Peridot, Teal Topaz, and Lilac Blossom. I cut the letters twice to stack them for dimension but this isn’t needed.
- Adhere low tack tape to the top half of the letters. Apply Lunar Paste to the bottom half and let dry. Remove the tape once dried.
- Stack the die-cut letters and apply them to the white outline tree with liquid glue.
- Die cut the BRIGHT sentiment from Teal Topaz.
- Die-cut floral blooms and leaves from the Petite Blooms and sentiments from Dahlia, Pink Sand, Sunkissed and Peridot.
- Trim the plaid background to 4 by 5 ¼ inches. Apply to a top folding A2 card base.
- Cut a panel of vellum to 3 ½ by 4 ¾ inches. Adhere the tree and BRIGHT sentiment.
- Add the flowers and leaves around the tree.
- Adhere the vellum panel to the card base.
- Cut a panel of white cardstock to 3 ½ by 8 ½ inches. Insert the panel into the Peppermint Stripes embossing folder and run it through your Spellbinder Platinum 6 machine.
- Die cut the large pieces of the All-Occasion Bow from Waterfall and the smaller striped pieces from Teal Topaz. Adhere the bow together.
- Cut two strips of paper ¾ inch wide and a length of 3 ½ inches and 8 ½ inches.
- Apply the strips to the embossed background. The shorter one will be closer to the left.
- Adhere the ends of the bow using liquid glue and add the larger bow pieces with foam squares.
- Die cut the FOR YOU sentiment tag from the Petite Blooms and Sentiments from Lunar Gray cardstock.
- Die-cut leaves and flowers from Peridot and Persimmon cardstock.
- Adhere the tag and foliage to the right of the bow.
- Adhere the finished panel to a slimline card base.